From Paris, With Love

|
From Paris, With Love
Directed by Pierre Morel
Produced by Luc Besson and India Osborne
Written by Luc Besson and Adi Hasak



I never thought much of this movie when I first read about it online. Other than the fact that John Travolta is the supporting actor for this film, I didn't find a great reason why Nicole and I should go and watch the movie. But guess you won't ever be able to tell just how good a movie is until you seen it right?

Anyways, this movie starts with Jonathan Rhys Meyers as James Reece (an employee for the US Ambassador in France) and John Travolta as Charlie Wax (a special agent). Basically Reece loves his job in France but wishes for more and ends up being paired up with Wax.

There's bits of comedy, LOADS of action, and of course, bits of drama here and there. I was laughing within 20 minutes of the film.

"It was invited by a Jewish guy in San Francisco, there's nothing Chinese about the dish."

That line, made me laugh.

There's definitely some major suspense through out the movie and you just might be as surprised as I am when you see Travolta's awesome kick-butt moves!



Overall, though, I felt like the movie was just a bunch of guys testing their ARs and see who runs out of ammunition first. Remember that this is a R-rated movie and I guess there's no R-rated movie like bunch of firefights between good and bad guys. I did enjoy looking at two EXTREMELY different people working together and the amount of "conflicts" that Reece and Wax created. There is a twist towards the end of the film though, nothing too huge but guess it made the film just that bits more exciting.

If you're a fan of either John Traolta or Jonathan Rhys Meyers, I'd check out this movie. Otherwise, don't be surprised if this isn't the BEST action movie you've seen.

Seen From Paris, With Love? Feel free to contact me and share your own
reviews!